I’m a proud holiday lover. Any reason to be happy, stuff your face with excellent food, and get together with friends and family is a good reason for me!
But, I fear that my holiday-lovin’ ways may be getting out of hand.
You see, yesterday hubby and I went to Target…and I insisted on walking to the back of the store to see if the Halloween stuff was out yet (it’s not – FYI).
Worst of all? I’m not really embarrassed about this.
I know a lot of people fuss about holiday merchandise being put out exceedingly early. Not me. Bring me your Reese’s pumpkins, your bags of spiderwebs, your cackling witch lawn ornaments! Your princess costumes in plastic bags, your pumpkin carving kits, and your mellowcreme pumpkins!
I’m ready…are you?
Since I’m lacking in the Halloween candy department, I’ll have to settle for another sweet treat – these quick and easy cookies & cream doughnuts will do just fine! No special pan needed AND you don’t have to make the dough. How awesome is that?
- 1 can refrigerated large biscuits (8 per can)
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 can of white frosting (NOT whipped)
- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- Place about 1½ to 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Heat to approximately 325 to 350 degrees.
- While oil is warming, remove biscuits from can and peel apart. Using a small, round cutter, cut a hole in the middle of each biscuit (save the middles and fry them to make doughnut holes!).
- When oil is ready,gently place 2-3 doughnuts at a time in oil until lightly browned on each side (watch out – they cook fast!). Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain when done.
- Put 1/2 can of white frosting in a microwavable bowl. Microwave frosting for 10-15 seconds, or until the consistency of a thick glaze. Dip doughnuts into glaze and immediately sprinkle with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.