Brown is one of my least favorite colors.
I mean, it’s brown. The color of dirt…poop…your uncle’s old microfiber recliner…
But, when it comes to baking, brown is the best! Brown sugar and brown butter marry in these delicious little bars. They come together quickly and won’t disappoint!
They are thin, so if you like them thicker, bake them in an 8×8 pan instead and adjust the baking time.
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook butter, whisking frequently. Watch butter carefully – remove from heat as soon as butter begins to brown and smells nutty. Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add brown sugar and mix well. Add baking powder, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon and mix well again. Gradually add flour. Finally, add eggs and mix until well-incorporated.
- Spoon into 9×13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.