I’ve already mentioned that I think Daenerys Targaryen is pretty badass. Forced into an arranged marriage to a super scary looking dude, Khal Drogo, she eventually embraces her power and influence as a Khaleesi. Plus, she has dragons. Did I mention the dragons? Sorry, I love dragons.
I doubt that the Dothraki have time to eat dessert with all of their pillaging and raping, but they do have time for this:
Horse heart: the Dothraki alternative to prenatal vitamins.
Let’s make our own horse heart made out of strawberry jello with a chocolaty edible blood.
Dothraki Horse Heart Dessert
- Heart mold (I used this one)
- A 3 oz. box of strawberry, cherry, or raspberry jello (I used strawberry)
- Light corn syrup
- Red food coloring
- Cocoa powder
1. Prepare your jello mixture according to the directions on the box.
2. Get your awesome mold.
“Just Like Mom’s!” Fantastic.
Grease it lightly before filling it up halfway.
I put the mold in a bowl to keep it steady. At this point, if not making the edible blood, you could fill it up all of the way instead and be done with it. And, spend your time doing something normal. If that’s your thing.
3. Chill the mold for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Keep the rest of the jello mixture at room temperature, covered.
4. In the meantime, let’s make some blood, shall we? Put a little bit of corn syrup in a bowl. A couple tablespoons should do it. Stir in some red food coloring until the desired shade is reached. Finally, add a little cocoa powder to achieve that dark red color.
5. Take the mold out of the fridge. Create an indention in the middle of the mold, like this:
I did a fabulous job here, obviously. All that matters is that you scrape away enough to allow for all of your edible blood without overflowing to the sides of the mold. You want that blood to be contained!
Add the blood. It looks like a big, nasty clot to me. Ugh. I couldn’t stop thinking about it!
Fill up the mold with the rest of the covered jello mixture. Put it back in the fridge and wait a couple hours. Then…
Destroy it! Eat it with utensils or go all Targaryen and devour it with your bare hands.
Find more Game of Thrones inspired treats here.