Hubby likes zombie stuff.
I even threw him a surprise zombie birthday party and made this fabulous cake:
By the way, I’m still waiting for my “best wife” medal for that one, because it was fondant, and hard, and awesome.
So, what do you make for the zombie lover who has seen everything?
Realistic jello brain!
Sure, you’ve probably seen gelatin brains in those bright, fun colors, but there is something about a nice, gray tone that ups the creepy factor. It’s easier than you think, I swear!
First, of course, you will need a brain gelatin mold. I used this one, but any brain mold will do.
- 2 six ounce boxes of gelatin (a flavor with a paler color works best, like peach or watermelon, but you can use almost any flavor)
- 1 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water (kept in fridge)
- 12 ounce can FAT FREE evaporated milk (FF is a must)
- Black gel food coloring
- Grease your brain mold thoroughly. You can use vegetable oil, applying with a paper towel, or cooking spray.
- Add boiling water to gelatin in a large bowl. Stir until gelatin is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add cold water (from fridge). Stir. Add evaporated milk and stir again.
- Add a small amount of black food coloring and whisk thoroughly. Keep adding small amounts of food coloring until desired shade is achieved. Remember – you can always add color, but you can’t remove it!
- Pour into brain mold. Chill several hours or overnight.