Being pregnant has turned me into a hoarder.
Please don’t call A&E on me.
I have developed an intense desire to buy everything in bulk so it lasts until “after the baby comes.” As if, on the day our child enters the world, all stores will cease to exist. They will simply disappear in the oblivion ushered in by the birth of our offspring (perhaps eaten by the Langoliers? No, DEFINITELY eaten by the Langoliers).
I am now the proud owner of 96 rolls of toilet paper AND 96 rolls of paper towels, delivered last week. No, I didn’t mean to buy the same number of each. It’s my calculating pregnancy brain at work. In other news, I think our UPS guy hates me.
But, at least we’ll be able to lead semi-civilized lives after the apocalypse rears its ugly head, no?
Plus, I made ice cream! This fabulous ice cream is made without a machine and is filled to the brim with Reese’s deliciousness! One bite and you won’t care about the apocalypse. Promise.
(Not an actual promise…I mean, it’s the apocalypse. You’re totally going to care, even if there is amazing ice cream)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 2/3 cup Reese’s Pieces
- Beat 2 cups of heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Microwave the creamy peanut butter for 5-10 seconds, or until runny. In a large bowl, combine the 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until well-combined. Fold in the whipped heavy cream until no white streaks remain. Gently stir in the Reese’s mini peanut butter cups and the Reese’s pieces.
- Place in covered container and freeze overnight (or at least 6 hours).
Check out these other frozen treats from other awesome bloggers!