My husband is not a “sports guy.”
I love this about him.
No monopolizing the TV, no obnoxious cheering/yelling, it’s just not his scene. Heck, we don’t even watch the Super Bowl most years.
Hubby joined in the Fantasy Football madness this year. Now, all he talks about are drafts, preseason games, injuries, and other things that I don’t care about. To be fair, I do try to listen, but it’s just not for me. In fact, I’m so unfit for this activity that I keep accidentally calling it “Final Fantasy” instead- I guess I would rather him be playing old school Japanese RPGs than turning into a “sports guy.”
I’m afraid this will escalate into actually having to WATCH football. Hold me, please!
Well, maybe I can serve these at the football watching parties that are destined in my future?
These are a peanut buttery, s’mores twist on rice crispy treats. And no need to turn on that oven – very much appreciated in this oppressive, Virginia heat. Is it fall yet!?
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows, plus 1/3 cup for topping
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 ounces Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 1 cup chocolate and peanut butter baking chips, plus 1/4 cup for topping
- Well grease a 9×9 pan. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add 5 cups marshmallow and stir frequently until melted and creamy. Remove from heat and quickly stir in peanut butter.
- Mix in the cinnamon toast crunch cereal until all cereal pieces are coated. Stir in one cup of chocolate and peanut butter baking chips.
- Press into 9×9 pan. Top with 1/4 cup of baking chips and 1/3 cup mini marshmallows and press into top of bars. Cool. Cut into bars and enjoy!