There is really no method to my madness in the kitchen.
Sometimes I’m quite meticulous about planning a dessert I have in mind. Sometimes I’m throwing things together to see what works.
This one, my friends, was definitely the latter.
I was working within the confines of an almost bare pantry. I love me some stuffed cookies (like this or this), but I didn’t have anything other than peanut butter. It sounded kind of weird. But, could it work?
YES. Oh yes it can. I almost debated posting this since, because of the cookie mix, it isn’t much of a “recipe.” But, with such a unique flavor combination, I wanted to share it with you guys. These were quite the husband pleaser!
- 1 box of Pillsbury Orangesicle Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 teaspoons peanut butter
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop teaspoon size balls of peanut butter onto cookie sheet. Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Mix the cookie mix, butter, and egg until the dough comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take a walnut sized ball of dough and place a frozen peanut butter ball into the center. Roll the dough ball in your hands until it is smooth and no peanut butter is exposed. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown. Do not overbake.