If I had to sum up this popcorn in one word it would be…
I’ve been making this caramel popcorn for years – it is so easy to make your own and homemade tastes much better than store-bought! But, when you up the salt and add in some warm pumpkin spices, well, then you’ve got a truly addictive snack on your hands! This popcorn can tame any sweet/salty craving!
- 1 regular sized bag of popped popcorn (no or low butter works best – or pop your own!)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place popcorn in a roasting pan (I like to use disposable pans for this recipe).
- Mix together the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove caramel from heat. Immediately stir in baking soda, vanilla, and spices. Pour over popcorn, stirring gently to coat.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.