So, there’s this kind of important event happening this weekend. Here are some clues:
- It’s happening on Sunday.
- It’s televised.
- There is a half-time show – cheerleaders too!
- It’s called the “_______ Bowl”
It’s the Puppy Bowl!
Featuring the kitten half-time show!
And, this year, hedgehog cheerleaders!
It will be the only “sporting” event that my husband and I will be watching on Sunday. Sorry sports fans – it’s not our scene.
To celebrate, I made puppy chow for the first time. I made it extra peanut-buttery by adding Reese’s cereal. I also added some homemade chocolate bones (I made them by piping chocolate onto parchment paper – check out my royal icing transfers tutorial for basic instructions, just use chocolate instead!)
Puppy Bowl Puppy Chow
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Chex cereal (whatever kind you prefer – I used Rice Chex)
- 2 cups Reese’s cereal
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups peanuts, optional
- Chocolate footballs and dog bones, optional
- Place Chex cereal and Reese’s cereal in a very large bowl. Set aside.
- Put powdered sugar in a large plastic bag. Set aside.
- Microwave semi-sweet chips, peanut butter, and butter together for 1 minute at 70% power. Microwave for 15 second intervals until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal. Stir gently to coat.
- Scoop cereal into plastic bag with powdered sugar. Shake until all pieces are coated. Feel free to add more powdered sugar for a “whiter” look.
- Spread on parchment paper to cool. Toss with peanuts and chocolate pieces, if using.
This awesome creation may be linked up to one of these link parties.