The Fourth of July is next week.
How did THAT happen?
Christmas was like a week ago and it was yesterday that I was crying that it was too early for it to be this hot outside.
Now, it is exactly when it is supposed to be this hot outside. Miserably hot outside. Too hot for pregnant ladies, I might add. I think I’ll just hibernate all summer like a lazy, brown bear, munching on Smartfood popcorn and getting sucked into Toddlers & Tiaras marathons (how can something so horrible be SO good!?).
I was invited to the “Sprinkles Will Fly” blog party, by the lovely ladies behind JavaCupcake.com and Bella Cupcake Couture. They wanted us to showcase yummy and fabulous cupcakes fit for the Fourth of July! I was sent beauuuutiful cupcake liners from Bella Cupcake Couture. I mean – look at it!
Now, the liner reminded me of more of a “country” patriotic holiday, kind of like barn stars and the like. Plus, they were chock full of color and shapes, so I wanted the rest of the cupcake and display to be simple in comparison (plus, as you all may have noticed, my blog props are rather limited and I stick with simple!). I wanted some texture on the table, so I used a dishcloth that reminded me of burlap – which I totally would have used if I had it!
For the cupcake itself, I stuck with cherry pie…because, for real, who doesn’t love cherry pie! It starts with a simple, fluffy chocolate cake base, cherry pie filling in the center, and and lovely, creamy frosting. I’ve been holding onto to my teeny tiny container of edible gold stars and I just thought they would be perfect for these cupcakes! It doesn’t compete with the liner (which, let’s be honest, is the star of the show!), but it adds a little something special!
Did I mention that there is a fabulous giveaway too, with over $300 worth of prizes and goodies!? Oh yes indeedy! You can enter using the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of this post. And, check out the list of other participating bloggers!
- One box of Devil’s Food Cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon butter/vanilla emulsion
- 2 cups cherry pie filling
- [b]Frosting [/b]
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. In a large bowl, combine the chocolate cake mix, butter, milk, eggs, and butter/vanilla emulsion with a hand mixer on low until ingredients are just combined. Beat on medium speed for 1½ minutes. Fill liners about ⅔ full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Frost when cooled.
- To fill, cut out a portion of the cooled cupcake with a small, sharp knife in a cone shape. Fill with a spoonful of cherry pie filling.
- To make the frosting, cream together the softened butter and powdered sugar until fluffy. Mix in the marshmallow fluff and vanilla extract on low until combined. Frost cupcakes and garnish with edible gold stars.
Now, please go and visit all of the amazing bloggers who created fun, fabulous, and festive cupcakes!
As for the giveaway, here are the deets!
To enter to WIN this Prize Pack, simply fill out the entry form below.
Contest opens 25June13 at 0700 PST and closes 1Jul13 at 2359 PST. One winner will be chosen and announced within 48 hours of the contest ending. Winner will be contacted via email by email@example.com and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. If they do not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
This contest is open to residents worldwide.