“One minute you’re munching faerie plum, the next minute you’re running naked down Madison Avenue with antlers on your head.” -Jace
In the world of Cassandra Clare, be wary of the faerie food. It makes you act a fool.
I would imagine that they would have this kind of PSA:
This is your brain.
This is your brain on faerie plums.
So, perhaps these aren’t boozy or hallucinogenic, but they are darn tasty and fun to make! They aren’t plum flavored either, but I would guess that with faerie food, all bets are off! I wouldn’t mind a plum that tasted like a cake pop myself.
- 1 box of funfetti cake mix (plus ingredients to bake, such as eggs, water, and oil)
- 1/2 cup white frosting
- purple food coloring
- light brown food coloring
- green food coloring
- lavender candy melts
- fondant for stems and leaves
- Prepare funfetti cake mix according to directions. Before pouring into pans, add purple food coloring until desired shade is achieved.
- Bake cake and let cool completely.
- Crumble cake in a large bowl until fine crumbs form. Add 1/2 cup white frosting and mix with hands until it all comes together.
- Mold plum shapes with your hand. I started with a round ball of dough, added an indent in the top, and then a crease down one of the sides. Once all are shaped, place in fridge or freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Dye a small amount of fondant green and light brown. Create small stems with the brown fondant and small leaves with the green fondant. I just shaped them with my hands.
- Melt candy melts according to directions. The mixture should be smooth and shiny. Dip cake balls into melts with a fork, lightly tapping fork against the side of the bowl to release excess coating. Place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Immediately add stem and leaf (while coating is still wet). Allow to harden.