Easter is totally upstaging my birthday this year.
With Easter on March 31st and my
30th birthday on April 2nd, it has been difficult to plan something around everyone’s going-home-to-see-family/stuffing-their-faces-with-chocolate-bunnies schedule.
But, I forgive Easter. Because of Cadbury eggs (both creme filled and mini), PEEPS, most of all, Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs, the best tasting shape of all of the holiday shapes. Don’t ask me why. It just is.
So, I made some awesomely delicious Easter Magic Cookie Bars, with a chocolate crust, smothered in chocolate and white chocolate chips, mini eggs, and PEEPS. It’s an Easter smorgasbord!
- Scant 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about one regular sized package)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 16 PEEPS, cut into pieces
- 10 ounces of chocolate mini eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 9×13 pan.
- Combine the melted butter and chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs. Stir with a fork until combined. Press into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Add a layer of semi-sweet and white chocolate chips. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the entire pan.
- Add a layer of PEEPS and mini eggs. Press down lightly.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting into bars.